Precision Drilling is one of North America’s largest drilling contractors with a fleet of well-maintained single, double and triple drilling rigs. Our rigs and our drilling Toughnecks are known as the best of the best, in terms of safety, technology and service to our customers.
We invest in training and support for our people. We have an industry-leading health, safety and environment initiative called Target Zero which places a premium on safe working practices. Learn more here about working with the best and safest team in the business.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the selection process?
- How do I apply?
- Where do I live while working?
- What do I need for gear?
Toughnecks are smart, professional, strong, committed, resourceful, resilient, innovative, collaborative, high performing and responsible.
Among the things we look for are:
- eligibility to work in the United States
- at least 18 years old
- practices and supports safety policies and procedures
- willing to work in an environment with zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol
- ability to meet Company Standard regarding criminal history for the past 7 years
Think you’re tough enough? Before applying, take our quiz to determine if you have what it takes to join the Toughnecks.
How do I apply
Toughnecks can apply online or by visiting one of our recruiting offices
Where do I live while working?
The best Toughneck is flexible. Living accommodations depend on location/region worked in and can vary from camps, non-camps, hotels or crew trailers on location. Your HR Representative will inform you of the living accommodations applicable to your particular rig assignment/region.
Precision does not pay for your relocation costs if you move from elsewhere in the United States.
What do I need for gear?
The following is a list of suggested gear:
- 7 oz Coveralls
- ANSI Approved Hard Hat
- Green King Gloves (1 bag)
- Rubber Gloves (1 bag)
- Pair of Rain Pants
- Rain Jacket
- Steel Toe Boots (ANSI and/or ASTM approved)
- Safety glasses (ANSI and/or ASTM approved)
- Duffle Bag